This homemade White Castle burger recipe tastes just like the real thing! It’s easy to make and only takes about a half hour or so to cook. Even my mom liked them and she’s one of the most picky eaters I know.
You will need:
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 cup American cheese (torn into pieces)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 3-4 regular sized hamburger buns
- Aluminum foil
- Brown the beef in a pan then drain out the liquid
- Add onions, soup mix and cheese to the beef
- Keep on medium-high and stir until the cheese is melted
- Put beef mixture on buns & wrap each bun in aluminum foil
- Heat burgers in oven for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees
- Unwrap burgers – add pickles – Enjoy!
– See if you can find mini burger buns to make them even more like White Castle Burgers!
– You can also add the pickles before you put the burgers in the oven, it tastes just as good.
PS – The ingredients pictures shows 4lbs of beef (I divided it after the picture). Make sure to only use 1lb unless you are doubling the recipe!